Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Future of Life and Death

The Future of Life is a book of short stories I have been working on since December of last year. The idea of this book came about when I began writing a series of short stories with the single constraint of a hundred words. This limitation that I placed on my writing has allowed me to experiment with different styles, voices and approaches very easily. I began to build up a collection of these stories and it was my desire to structure them within some larger narrative form that led to The Future of Life and Death.

The Future of Life and Death will be a book of one hundred stories of one hundred words each and will communicate through its three sections my thoughts on:

  1. The Future
  2. Of Life
  3. And Death
Each of the one hundred stories is a new experiment with this story format and will be arranged into these sections so that they might provide comment and context to the other stories surrounding it.

I had planned to conclude the book by the end of 2013 but a recent burst of productivity on my part may see me finish it sooner. I hope to share a number of stories which I am considering for the book here in the weeks and months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment